|Title:||Salesforce Database Administrator|
|Substance Use/Problem Gambling:||N/A|
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is a statewide nonprofit with a central office in Columbia, Md., and staff located in communities throughout the state. Using personal experience as parents, caregivers, youth and other loved ones, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families. Our staff provide one-to-one support to parents and caregivers of young people with mental health issues and to any loved one who cares for someone with a substance use or gambling issue. We also advocate to improve systems that impact individuals with behavioral health challenges.
This is a full-time (40 hour/week) opportunity for a Maryland-based (no out of state applicants please) Salesforce Administrator, responsible for supporting MCF’s capacity to operate as a data-driven organization by enabling the collection, analysis and dissemination of data, maintaining the integrity and performance of MCF’s database (Salesforce and related add-ons), and providing support to end users through ongoing training and technical assistance. The Salesforce Administrator also generates the data-related content for funder reports and proposals. This position is located at MCF’s Central Office in Columbia, MD. Due to COVID-19 this position will be home based on a temporary basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and maintain the existing Salesforce platform, including all integrated add-on products, ensuring consistent usability and addressing all defects/issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the program division to modify or develop new systems and processes that inform and support MCF’s delivery of high quality programs and services.
- Collaborate with MCF colleagues to support MCF’s outreach and communication efforts through the use of Pardot.
- Remain current on the latest releases and features available on the Salesforce platform.
- Perform data quality maintenance tasks, including but not limited to de-duplication and mass-updates applied across the system.
- Maintain high quality documentation of system configuration and purpose of automations.
- Participate in and contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of various processes that involve data collection, data quality management, analysis of data and dissemination within MCF. Develop and recommend improvements to data collection and data management processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that required data security protocols are in place.
- Lead the process by which evolving program requirements are incorporated into the Salesforce platform – from small modifications to major enhancements. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders, designing and configuring system changes, conducting appropriate testing, and ultimately launching the enhancement with end-users. Works with external Salesforce resources as needed.
- Recommend and implement “usability” database improvements to improve the end-user experience
- Partners with MCF’s IT Manager to evaluate new technology options for the organization, as it would pertain to the organization’s use of Salesforce.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and supervisors to manage user licenses and permissions upon employee start and at termination.
- Contribute to new and on-going employee training to ensure all users understand their data entry responsibilities, and utilize Salesforce to the maximum extent possible to support their job functions.
- Provide ongoing end-user support to all Salesforce users, including troubleshooting error messages and permissions issues.
- Design, facilitate, and support staff training and practice standards for successful use of the database. Create and update resource guides and job aids for end users.
Reports and Data Analysis
- Analyze and interpret contract scopes of work and deliverables to inform report development.
- Maintain and update as needed the existing tracking system to monitor deliverables (data and reports) for all contracts and grants. Provides support to ensure reports to funders are submitted in a timely manner to funders.
- Create reports and tools that promote quality data collection, assist staff and supervisors to monitor performance and ensure contract deliverables and organization performance metrics are met.
- Generate meaningful and insightful data-related content for presentations, reports and proposals for funders and other external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years as Salesforce Administrator for an organization/company with 20+ users; experience as Salesforce Administrator for a nonprofit preferred.
- Salesforce Administrator certification a plus, but not required (must otherwise be able to demonstrate competency on the Salesforce platform).
- Living in Maryland or relocating to Maryland within the next few weeks.
- Experience with the Salesforce Lightning platform strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Pardot, Formstack, Excel and Rollup Helper preferred.
- Experience and skills in relevant data collection, data analysis and data reporting, including the analysis and interpretation of human service contract scopes of work and deliverables.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience writing reports to funders and proposals a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people and to work with diverse staff in a strengths-based way.
- Mission-driven and flexible; able to anticipate issues and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to set priorities and remain focused in a fast-paced environment, and deliver within timeline.
- A background check is required for all MCF employees.
To be considered for this position, submit your resume, along with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and your relevant experience. Apply on our website at www.mdcoalition.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Note: As Maryland’s family support organization, MCF gives preference amongst equally qualified candidates to those who are primary caregivers of a youth, adolescent or young adult with behavioral health needs.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.